Find Me...

Contact Twitter Goodreads Pinterest Facebook Rss Feed

Ratings

My Ratings Guide

Archives

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.
Thursday 7 February 2013

Author Interview ~ Rhiannon Hart

Today we have the lovely Rhiannon Hart back again for a two part interview. Rhiannon is the Author of Blood Song and Blood Storm, the first two books in the Lharmellin Trilogy. Today's interview will consist of personal "getting-to-know-you" type of questions. Click here to view her response to our Australia Day Fun Quiz and more info regarding her books. Please subscribe to stay tuned for Part 2 of her interview, which will consist of the professional aspect of her life


Rhiannon Hart remembers writing before she could read, puzzling over the strange squiggles in Jeremiah and the Dark Woods by Janet and Alan Ahlberg and putting her own words in their places. Her first love was Jareth the Goblin King at the tender age of eight. She wrote fan fiction in high school but she'd never admit to it out loud, so don't ask. When she's not reading or writing she is belly dancing, chasing after other people's cats, or putting the pedal to the floor at her sewing machine. She grew up in north-western Australia and currently resides in Melbourne, where she works in marketing. Rhiannon has been published in the Australian Book Review, Magpies and Viewpoint and blogs at http://rhiannon-hart.blogspot.com/.


In your Goodreads profile you mentioned that when your not reading or writing you “chase after other people's cats”, do you mean you don't like cats?

Oh, that actually means I chase after them to pat them! I love cats, and if I see one I just have to give it a chin tickle.

Belly dancing and sewing are your other hobbies; what made you get into belly dancing? Is it hard to learn? 

I love to dance, and belly dancing is very beautiful and exotic. It is rather hard to get to an advanced level, but it starts easy. Wonderful exercise for the lower back and abdomen.

What's the best thing you've sewn?

I have two things that I've made lately that I love. One is a blue and green floral dress that I made from a gorgeous Austrian knit. I wore that on my birthday. (Yes that's a spider on my glass. Plastic thank goodness.)

 



The other is a loose drapey coat made from some of my nanna's vintage fabric. Gorgeous with heels and skinny pants.



I know you say not to ask about the fan-fiction, but I'll take a shot...what book did you write the fan-fiction about? (It's ok if you don't want to answer :D)

Haha, you assume it's based on a book! Actually, when I was a teenager it was extremely rare anyone wrote fan-fiction based on other people's books. Mostly it was TV shows. I wrote Xena and Labyrinth fan-fic.

Your going to Singapore...I've been to their airport, you can actually have a whole holiday at the airport alone. Are you planning to stay in Singapore for awhile or will you be coming back to Melbourne? 

My partner and I are staying in Singapore for a few days then traveling up through Malaysia, into Thailand, north to Bangkok and then down into Cambodia. We'll be staying in Phnom Penh, the capital, for ... six months? A year? We're not entirely sure. But it's a new living adventure.

Will you continue to write novels whilst your in Singapore or is it your downtime?

OH YES INDEED. The main purpose for me in going away is having lots of time to write.  

(Goodie we can expect amazing new work from Rhiannon!)


What are you currently reading?

I have a new Kindle, and have discovered the Kindle store. I am reading Danelle Harmon's de Montforte Brothers series, and have just finished the second one, The Beloved One. Really lovely historical romance series set during the War of Independence. 
(Recently got into the ebook craze and starting to fall in love with it, I've got a Nook though.)

3-5 Unknown/Quirky facts about yourself that you don't mention in your blog or no one else knows about you?

1. I am a very slow reader. I think it's because I'm a writer and I'm always picking apart people's sentences. 

2. I straighten my hair. It's normally this wavy mass, especially when it's humid. I also have crazy hair envy for people who have naturally lovely hair.
 
3. I am going to be a bridesmaid! My cousin just got engaged and asked me. We swore to each other as kids that we would each be bridesmaids at the others wedding.

0 comments:

Search

Follow Me

Follow on Bloglovin
Button for Paperback Princess

© Paperback Princess | Blog Design by Sarah Bryan | Digital Scrapbooking kits used: Once Upon a Time by Indigo Designs and Enchanted Neighborhood by Irene Alexeeva.