Find Me...

Contact Twitter Goodreads Pinterest Facebook Rss Feed

Ratings

My Ratings Guide

Archives

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.
Monday 11 February 2013

Know Me Better



Know Me Better is a new weekly feature hosted by Kathy at I Am A Reader Not A Writer. Weekly Kathy will post 5 questions (sourced from Author Interviews) which she will personally answer. Participants can do the same by either commenting on Kathy's Know Me Better post for the week or by doing a blog post like I have and linking to it on the linky below.

I cannot believe it's been nearly a week since my first Know Me Better (KMB) better, oh how time goes by oh so quickly! Really enjoying this feature, thanks Kathy for thinking of this. 


1. I can't live without...

Excluding living and breathing (my family,  friends and pets) I'd say my Nook with thousands of pre-loaded ebooks and my internet connection with a device to use it on (phone, tablet, computer). I can't stand being bored, even standing in line for a minute I gotta get a book out and start reading or start browsing the web LOL


2. Do you make your bed every morning?

I try to and there was a time when I got into the habit of doing it but lately I've just been too busy but now that this topic has been brought up, I'm going to make that effort to start the habit again of doing my bed. It's so nice to come out of the shower in your PJ's and getting into a nice made-up bed.

3. City or Country?

I actually enjoy weekends away at the country. It's so peaceful and just nice and relaxing but in reality there's no way I'd be able to live in the country, way too boring for me, so my answer...City! 

4. Most Embarrassing Moment? 

I must have repressed it in my memory because honestly, I can't really think of any that I'd say would be "most embarrassed" but I do get embarrassed quite quickly but nothing I haven't been able to get over straight away. 

Edit:- I just remembered a quite recent embarrassing moment. 

My bf at the time and I were at the traffic lights and because I didn't want to walk too far to the shopping centre I jumped out at the lights. I do not know what the heck happened there but when I jumped out the pavement was slightly uneven and because I was jumping out of the car I didn't have stable footing and I put one foot down and stumbled and nearly fell. 

You could nearly say I did fall I just did not fall flat on my face! So everyone at that set of traffic lights and everyone driving past (very busy street and city) would have seen me!!! For someone looking at the scene it looked like I got tossed out of the car LOL 

5. What do you think of book trailers?


To be honest I haven't watched that many, but like anything some are made great and it really makes you anticipate reading the book whilst others are just ok. Having said that, I certainly think it should be something that is encouraged amongst Authors, it's just another media technique to promote the books out there and some people are very visual so this is perfect for those readers. 

8 comments:

Wall-to-wall books said...

Oh man!!!! I almost said my nook!!!! but changed my mind at the last minute! I "play" with my nook everyday!

Vonnie said...

Lol yeah...that could be embarrassing. I have too many to talk about and a lot make me cringe.

After reading yours, I was reminded of back in 9th grade when I kissed my best friend, who soon became my boyfriend. We were walking out of the school's field to go home. I stopped and kissed really quick (he was shocked) and I quickly walked into the street, straight into a car. Luckily, the car stopped just in time but boy was I scared.

My friend at the time didn't know what to do. He was just kissed and I almost got ran over, lol.

The next day in my English class, another friend of mine told me, "Hey Vonnie, I saw that you almost got ran over yesterday." He was laughing so hard. Turned out that most of the soccer team saw.

JezzebellJC said...

That would look rather funny to see someone appear to be tossed out of a car :) I would definitely want my Kindle if I had to choose since it holds over 300 books all by itself. These are great answers! Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven

Stephanie @ Bookfever said...

Ha! So that's your embarrassing moment. lol! And I also wouldn't be able to live without internet. Never!

~Stephanie @ Bookfever

Lee @ Rally the Readers said...

My embarrassing moment involved falling, too. I came very close to landing on my face, which would have been really bad because I was wearing glasses that day instead of contacts. Fortunately, I thought to put my hands down in front of me to brace myself.

Vonnie said...

Well, it's not my most embarrassing moment but it's one of them.

Unknown said...

Hi, thank for stopping by my blog.
Your blog is really cute.
Lol, it looked like he tossed you out of a car, I'd be pretty embarrassed at that. I still haven't started Terra but I've heard good things about it

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by my post :)

Search

Follow Me

Follow on Bloglovin
Button for Paperback Princess

© Paperback Princess | Blog Design by Sarah Bryan | Digital Scrapbooking kits used: Once Upon a Time by Indigo Designs and Enchanted Neighborhood by Irene Alexeeva.