Find Me...

Contact Twitter Goodreads Pinterest Facebook Rss Feed

Ratings

My Ratings Guide

Archives

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.
Friday 10 May 2013

Feature & Follow Friday ~ Favourite Mother in Fiction

Alison Can Read Feature & Follow


Feature & Follow Friday is a weekly feature hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read

The Rules:-
  • You MUST follow BOTH hosts Rachel @ Parajunkee and Alison @ Alison Can Read
  • You MUST follow BOTH Featured Blogs of the week (linked below)
  • Do your own Feature & Follow Friday post answering the question of the week and link to it at the bottom of this post 
  • Follow and comment on other participants Feature & Follow Friday posts! 


This week's Featured Bloggers


Happy Mother's Day! Who is your favourite Mom from fiction? 


Helena Drake (The Drake Chronicles by Alyxandra Harvey) ~ I loved Helena! She kicks ass, literally! Having so many boys and only one girl, she fights amongst the boys. When her family is in strife, she's there right along with them, fighting to keep them alive.

She's also very welcoming to Lucy despite Lucy not being part of her family and not being a vampire. She's got the perfect balance; caring, loving, nurturing, welcoming Mother AND crazy kick-ass vampire if you endanger/threaten her family. So she's like a Momma Bear but Momma Vampire :D

Natalie Prior (Divergent by Veronica Roth) ~ I loved how she had unconditional love for her children. Even though Tris was considered an outcast because she chose to be a Dauntless her Mother still came to visit her. She was also courageous, when she participated in a certain act to save Tris. 

Marilla Cuthbert (Anne of Green Gables Series by LM Montgomery) ~ Marilla seemed so horrible at the start, but you soon see that it's only a rough exterior, but deep down she had a lot of love for Anne. 

Follow on Bloglovin

27 comments:

Unknown said...

Both are wonderful choices and terrific moms! Thanks for visting this week Angelica!

Traci @ Mad Hatter Reads

Liana said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by and following! I've followed back. (:

http://bookaholicness.com

I've only heard of Tris's mom from up there. She's pretty awesome!

I just love your blog. It's so cute.

Liesel K. Hill said...

I didn't think of Mrs. Prior or Marilla! Both awesome choices! :D Thanks for stopping by my blog! Now following you via GFC, Linky, and bloglovin'. Have a great weekend!

Melissa (i swim for oceans) said...

Great choice with Natalie Prior! I chose Molly Weasley, but I'm so glad to see other great names up there, as well.

I'm your newest follower, Angelica...lovely blog! :)

Seirra Poirier said...

Many great fictional moms! I've not read any of those books but I have Divergent in my to-read-pile and I can't wait :)

New GFC Follower!

Happy Friday!!

My FF HERE.

-Seirra @ Dear, Restless Reader

Unknown said...

Great Choices. I really liked Natalie Prior too! Thanks for stopping by my FF.

GL Tomas said...

new follower here via FF . Love your site and look forward to your posts.

Hope i can see you back at either of my blogs. Keep on Bloggin'

http://guinandlibertadtomas.blogspot.com

http://yamulticulturaljunkie.wordpress.com

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

Nice! It's been ages since I read Divergent! Still need to read Insurgent too! Nice picks!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

robgirlbooks said...

Of course, Helena Drake! Totally kick ass mom. My mind went blank on this challenge. Thanks for stopping by! Old follower here. Happy Friday!!

Unknown said...

Great choices!! Natalie was really a great mom. All moms should love their children unconditionally!
I haven't read the two other books, but the moms sound good!

My FF

Sapir @ Diary of a Wimpy Teen Girl

Alyssa said...

I agree with Natalie and Marilla! The third one - no idea who she is! I especially loved Anne of Green Gables, and Divergent and Insurgent (and hopefully Allegiant!) are great books :D

New Linky follower!

Check out my FF post!

Two Tall Tales said...

I dont know why I didnt think of Natalie Prior. She was a good fiction mom!

Thanks for stopping by My FF

Old follower

Unknown said...

Aww, I haven't read that series. She seems amazing though!

Julianna Smith
http://readingintwilight.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Just stopping by to say Hi! And that you have a new follower here! Hope to see you follow mine as well!

Amber

http://paradiseofpages.blogspot.com/2013/05/feature-and-follow-friday-favorite.html

itsRayMarie said...

Thanks for visiting My FF! Following back via GFC

Linseypop said...

Hi...Thanx for stopping by. Haven't read any of those books but they all sound like great mums.

Am now following you on all your networks inc Twitter & G+ :0)

Linsey @ mybooksnthings.com

Elle (Lost in Wonderland) said...

Great Picks!!
Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier. New Follower here :)

BeautyAttitudeYou said...

Great choices, Angelica.

New follower via GFC. Hope to see you hopping back! :)

Sandra @ SSBF Blog

Nina L. said...

I definitely agree with Natalie Prior! Thanks for following me.

Followed you through Bloglovin.
Nina @ The Bookish Confections

Alisa Selene said...

I love Marrilla! :) Natalie Prior is an awesome mom!:) Thanks for dropping by!

Jen said...

Marilla is a great choice. I loved those books so much :)

You can find me here: Jen @ YA Romantics

Fahima M said...

Thanks for stopping by! :)


My FF

Jenni Elyse said...

I love Marilla too, but I'm only familiar with her through the movies. I haven't read Anne of Green Gables yet. *gasp* I know. :) Great choice!

My FF Post

Linda @ (un)Conventional Bookworms said...

I can't believe I didn't think of Natalie Prior! She is an awesome mom indeed!

Thanks for stopping by over at (un)Conventional Bookviews this weekend. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you - I was traveling and had awful internet connection.

Suzy, The Grey Brunette said...

Its nice to see different moms as opposed to Mrs Weasley (who I picked!!). I haven't read any of those books though... but get my backside into gear :)
Thanks for following, btw. I'm following ya right back!
P.S LOVE your blog... it's so pretty!
Suzy Turner, YA Author

Unknown said...

Helena Drake was one kick ass mother, and of course Marilla! How did I not think of her, Anne of Green Gables was my favourite series growing up! Great picks!

Thanks for the follow - following back :)

Naomi Hop said...

Lots of great choices!!

Thanx for visiting my FF!
Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace
New G+ :)

Search

Follow Me

Follow on Bloglovin
Button for Paperback Princess

© Paperback Princess | Blog Design by Sarah Bryan | Digital Scrapbooking kits used: Once Upon a Time by Indigo Designs and Enchanted Neighborhood by Irene Alexeeva.