Find Me...

Contact Twitter Goodreads Pinterest Facebook Rss Feed

Ratings

My Ratings Guide

Archives

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.
Sunday 9 June 2013

Wicked Wildfire Read-a-thon (#WWReadathon)

WW Read-a-Thon

Wicked Wildfire Read-a-thon (#WWReadathon) is hosted by My Shelf Confessions. It's a week long read-a-thon from Friday June 7th through to the 14th. For more info (Challenge Schedules, Rules etc) and to sign up, click on the event button above. Signups close on June 11th, so hurry. There are challenges and Twitter chats that aren't compulsory, however, if you want to enter the main prize, you must participate in at least one challenge and do one update/wrap-up post.

My Goals


  • Read on average 150 pages/day or finish 4 books Finished 6 books
  • Participate in at least one challenge  Title Scramble and Crossword Puzzle
  • Visit and comment on at least 20 blogs
  • Do a start-up and wrap-up post

Updates


Friday June 7th

Books & Pages Read:

Star Cursed by Jessica Spotswood = 24 pages
School Spirits by Rachel Hawkins = 104 pages
Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell = 69 pages
The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey = 116 pages 

Total Pages Read Today = 313 
Total of Finished Book/s = 1
Total Pages Read = 313

Saturday June 8th

Books & Pages Read: 

Star Cursed by Jessica Spotswood = 130 pages
Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell = 24 pages
Hourglass by Myra McIntyre = 81 pages
The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey = 28 pages

Total Pages Read Today = 263
Total Finished Books = 2
Total Pages Read = 576

Sunday June 9th

Books & Pages Read:

Hourglass by Myra McIntyre = 80
Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell = 40
Some Quiet Place by Kelsey Sutton = 23

Total Pages Read Today = 143
Total Books Finished = 2
Total Pages Read = 719

Monday June 10th

Books & Pages Read:

The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa = 78
Hourglass by Myra McIntyre = 55
Some Quiet Place by Kelsey Sutton = 13
Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell = 16
The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin = 10

Total Pages Read Today = 172
Total Books Finished = 3
Total Pages Read = 891

Tuesday June 11th

Books & Pages Read:

Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell = 59

Total Pages Read Today = 59
Total Books Finished = 3
Total Pages Read = 950

Wednesday June 12th

Books & Pages Read: 

Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell = 41

Total Pages Read Today = 41
Total Books Finished = 4
Total Pages Read = 991

Thursday June 13th

Books & Pages Read:

Hourglass by Myra McIntyre = 110

Total Pages Read Today = 110
Total Books Finished = 5
Total Pages Read = 1101

Friday June 14th

Books & Pages Read:

Double Crossed by Ally Carter = 89 

Total Pages Read Today = 89
Total Books Finished = 6
Total Pages Read = 1190

Books Finished

Wrap-Up


Verdict - Success

Total Pages Read = 1190
Total Books Finished = 6 (book list below)


Challenges - Title Scramble and Crossword Puzzle

This has been my most successful online read-a-thon to date. I completed ALL my goals!!!

I did extremely well at the very beginning of the read-a-thon because it was a weekend and I signed up to participate in many read-alongs which I was already behind on as I signed up a week into June, so that weekend I tried to catch up on the Read-along schedule. It seems the verdict is that Read-alongs are good for me, so I'll be participating in a few more of those if I can. Do you have any recommendations for monthly Read-alongs? I prefer discussion based and not just a review at the end.

I didn't do quite so well from Tuesday onwards as I was back at work after the long weekend. I'm still quite happy with the amount of reading I've done, I've already finished 2 out of 3 read-along reads (Hourglass and Eleanor & Park) which isn't due to be finished till the end of this month. I'm still to finish the 5th Wave for another read-along.

I had lots of fun and the only thing that I regret is not being able to participate in a Twitter chat. Looking forward till the next WWRead-a-thon! 

6 comments:

Aleksandra said...

Awesome list of books!

I just finished Eleanor & Park, and I loved it, so I hope you will, too :) And I can't wait to read The 5th Wave! It seems it will be the July read-along book :)

Happy reading!

Anonymous said...

You're going fantastically! Can't wait to read your review of the 5th Wave when you get to that.

Mel@Thedailyprophecy said...

Hello Angelica!

I saw your comment about the drop down menu. You just need to find a good tutorial on the internet! Things like 'Drop down menu blogspot' will give you many hits :) It took me quite some time before I understood how it worked, but with some trial and error it will work out! :)

Ange said...

Wow! Congratulations, you managed to read a 6 books!!! YAY!!! How did you like School Spirits?

Destinyisntfree said...

Congratulations on meeting the goals. I never got around to doing the crossword puzzle, I didn't notice it until too late in the game and I didn't know like ANY of the clues!

Kristen said...

You did a great job! You read a lot of books that I want to read soon. :)

Search

Follow Me

Follow on Bloglovin
Button for Paperback Princess

© Paperback Princess | Blog Design by Sarah Bryan | Digital Scrapbooking kits used: Once Upon a Time by Indigo Designs and Enchanted Neighborhood by Irene Alexeeva.